– Accepts submissions with vision, intent, craft, and an ability to transport the reader into the world of the artist.
– Must be original and unpublished
– Double-spaced manuscript that does not exceed 10,000 words.
– Accept personal, lyrical, and meditative essays, memoirs, collages, rants, and humor, but they do not limit acceptances to these
– Submissions must include recognition of truth, a unique voice with a firm command of language, and an engaging story with multiple pressure points
– No fee to submit
– No payment
– Submissions accepted year round with a 4 month response time
– Submit through their online submission manager
– Anyone can enter
– $20 entry fee.
– Entries must be postmarked by September 10th
– Submit one piece of creative nonfiction, not to exceed 10,000 words
– Writing must be original, written in English, and previously unpublished
– Your name or address should not appear anywhere on the essay
– If you send your entry in the mail, enclose an index card with essay title and your name, address, phone number, and email address
– If you send your entry in the mail, enclose an SASE for notification of winners
– You may also enclose a postage-paid postcard for acknowledgement of entry (if you’d like)
– Entries must be typed, double-spaced, and on one side of the paper only
– Use a paper clip or send unbound—no staples or binding, please
– Once submitted, entries cannot be altered
– All entries will be considered for general publication as well as for the CNF Prize
– Simultaneous submissions are okay, but there will be no refunds of entry fees to work that is accepted elsewhere.
– Multiple entries allowed—each entry must include a separate entry fee
– No entries will be returned.